Post event report:
On a sunny and moderately warm afternoon 14 riders gathered at Great Harvest Bread Co. to begin the ride to Lolo. They departed on time at 1:00 PM traveling local residential and collector streets to the intersection of the Bitterroot Trail and 14th Street. Turning onto the trail they quickly segregated into several distinct groups depending on desired speed and effort desired.
With several in the high intensity group traveling beyond Lolo and the others choosing to turn around at the Farmers State Bank in Lolo, all riders successfully completed the ride safely back to Missoula.
Let's celebrate the extra hour of daylight that will give us more time to enjoy biking. Gather at the Great Harvest Bread Co. on Higgins by 1:00 PM to enjoy an afternoon of biking with Carl Ammons, MBC President, to Lolo and back. This is a welcome to MBC ride with everyone invited. You must be able to ride the route to Lolo (fit enough to ride 20 miles on relatively flat trail. It helps to have ridden it previously.) Great Harvest is an option for fuel before and after the ride. Social distancing and masks will be in effect.
Please RSVP below so that the leader can contact you if there are any late changes.
Rider requirements and responsibilities:
- A helmet is required for all participants.
- All participants will be asked to sign an acknowledgement of risk (once per calendar year).
- All participants will check-in with the ride leader.
- While we are riding as a group, each individual rider is responsible for complying with all traffic regulations as an independent vehicle operator.
- Due to continuing COVID-19 considerations please bring a face mask for times when we may not be able to maintain safe distances. We will also be maintaining appropriate distances between riders during the ride.
See map below for our intended route.
- Ride name: Daylight Savings Ride
- Date: Saturday, March 13, 2021
- Start time: 1:00 PM
- Gathering place: Great Harvest Bread Co.,1407 S Higgins Ave, Missoula, MT 59801
- Distance in miles: 20
- Duration in time: approximately 1.5 - 2 hours
- Pace: Moderate 10 - 15 mph Groups will form at the beginning and regroup at turn around.
- Planned stops: Regroup at Farmers State Bank in Lolo, to munch and socialize under COVID restrictions.
- Leader is: Carl Ammons, contact information in RSVP response
We invite anyone to join us and discover the joy of riding with a companionable group of like minded bicyclists. Due to insurance policy requirements, members can ride as often as they like and first time participants may join after this ride on our website. If you would like to continue riding with us during the 2021 biking season you must become a member.