Post event report:
Flathead lake in background Mission Mountains in background
Ronan to Polson and return on paved trails, paved back roads, city streets @ Polson.
- Ride name: Lake County De-Velo-pment
- Date: 7/20/19
- Ride Start time: 10:00 AM
- Gather time: 8:30 AM
- Gathering place: Parking Lot north of the Town Pump on Grant Creek Road [just north of I-90/Reserve Street Interchange].
- Optional gathering place: Meet at the Ronan HS northwest corner of the parking lot, but please let us know that you will meet us at the Ronan HS.
- Distance in miles: 42
- Duration in time: 4 hours riding
- Return to Missoula approximately 5 PM
- Pace: Moderate
- Planned stops: Lunch break in Polson, (your option Fiesta en Jalisco, Subway or picnic on the waterfront at Sacajawea Park)
- Leader is: Milt Clark, firstname.lastname@example.org, mobile phone: 406-396-9110
Ride Description: Ronan to Polson via Round Butte Road, Back Road, Eli Gap Road, Valley View Road, Kerr Dam Road. Return to Ronan via Trail [trail parallels US 93]. Approx. 42 miles. Very scenic, paved roads and trails, great views of the Mission Mountains and Flathead Lake. A few hills, but nothing too serious.
We invite anyone to join us and discover the joy of riding with a companionable group of like minded bicyclists. Due to insurance concerns, members can ride as often as they like and first time participants will be warmly welcomed. If you would like to continue riding with us during the 2019 biking season you must be a member.