According to our bylaws, the Board of Directors must consist of 5 to11 members. The organization strives to maintain “equal-opportunity” diversity and considers, as well, different types of skills that potential board members can bring to the organization.
The board normally meets monthly. Meeting times and locations are selected for optimum attendance. The Board term of service is 1 year, with the opportunity to continue serving with no term limit.
Board Member Responsibilities
Board members are responsible for giving advice in their individual areas of expertise, and for participating in all board meetings in person or electronically. In addition to decisions being made at meetings, the board and board committees may use an alternative process for making decisions that become necessary outside of the regular meeting schedule. As a small, all-volunteer organization, Board members are expected to actively participate in the functioning of the Missoula Bicycle Club.
Board Member qualifications:
- Must be a member in good standing of MBC prior to the election and throughout 2022.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Nominations will be accepted at and after the September 9, 2021 Members' Meeting
- Self nominations are permitted and welcome
- There is no limit to the number of nominations
- The Board may have up to 11 members
- There are currently 7 Board Members
- Nominations must be provided by name and with contact information; email and phone
- Nominees must accept their nomination to be placed on the election ballot in October
- Self nominations will be presumed to have accepted the nomination
- Nominees may be asked to submit an "MBC Board Member Application Questionnaire"