Saturday, March 26, 11:00 AM, ride "To Miller Creek & Back" will begin at the Big Dipper on Higgins Ave. We will then head to the Bitterroot Trail and follow it to Hwy 93 and Miller Creek Rd. We will cross Hwy 93 and ride out Lower Miller Creek Rd. to the end of the paved road following Miller Creek and return. We will return via the South Hills Trail and residential streets. See the map below. If there are riders that wish to ride more miles after the initial Club Ride is completed, we can decide what we will do at that time.
- Ride name: To Miller Creek & Back
- Date: March 26, 2022
- Start time: 11:00 AM
- Gathering place: Big Dipper Ice Cream
- Distance in miles: 16.5 miles
- Pace: Moderate 10 - 14 mph
- Planned stops: Tops of climbs - no one left behind
- Leader: Carl Ammons, phone: 406-8810-7484, email: [email protected]
We invite anyone to join us and discover the joy of riding with a companionable group of like minded bicyclists. Our insurance requires that all participants sign a waiver. Members of MBC may participate in MBC rides as often as they like after signing a waiver that covers the entire year. First-time participants may try out MBC as a guest on a ride with us and will be warmly welcomed, then must join to go on any future rides. If you would like to continue riding with us during the 2022 biking season please become a member.
Rider requirements and responsibilities:
- A helmet is required for all participants.
- All participants will be asked to sign an acknowledgement of risk (once per calendar year).
- All participants will check-in with the ride leader.
- While we are riding as a group, each individual rider is responsible for complying with all traffic regulations as an independent vehicle operator.
- Bring a working pump or CO2 inflator, tire levers, tube, and patch kit. Please check them BEFORE you ride Saturday.
- Due to continuing COVID-19 considerations please bring a face mask for times when we may not be able to maintain safe distances. We will also be maintaining appropriate distances between riders during the ride.
IMPORTANT NOTICE - E-Bike restrictions on Missoula Bicycle Club rides:
We will welcome e-bike users to participate in MBC events as long as the e-bike is what is known as a Class 1 e-bike. Class 1 e-bikes will engage the electric motor only when the bike is being pedaled by the rider and will disengage the electric motor when the speed exceeds 20 miles per hour. If your e-bike does not meet these qualifications, do not bring it to an MBC ride. You can review our complete policy definition "Definition of Vehicles Permitted in MBC Sponsored Events" using the preceding link.
When submitting your RSVP, please note that the number box below "How many other people, other than yourself, are you bringing?" is asking for additional people other than your self. A zero already includes yourself as 1.
631 S Higgins Ave
Missoula, MT 59801
Google map and directions