Saturday, April 2, 12:00 PM, Bearmouth to Drummond (34 mi. out & back) on the Frontage Road. The Bearmouth exit is approximately 30 miles east of Missoula at exit 138. Take exit 138, turn left at the stop sign, go under the interstate and over the Clarkfork River. Turn right and park at the parking lot. There is plenty of parking and a vault toilet. Course is a lightly traveled road with rolling hills.
Meet at Playfair Park south parking lot off of Stephens Ave. in Missoula to arrange shuttles to Bearmouth.
- Ride name: Bearmouth to Drummond Ride
- Date: April 2, 2022
- Start time: 12 noon at the Bearmouth exit
- Gathering place: Gather at 11:00 AM at Playfair Park south parking lot off of Stephens Ave. in Missoula to shuttle to Bearmouth.
- Distance in miles: 34
- Pace: Moderate approx. 10-14mph
- Planned stops: Stop in Drummond before returning
- Leader: Larry Lockwood, phone: 406-439-7854, email: [email protected]
We invite anyone to join us and discover the joy of riding with a companionable group of like minded bicyclists. Our insurance requires that all participants sign a waiver. Members may participate in MBC rides as often as they like after signing a waiver that covers the entire year. First-time participants may try out MBC as a guest on a ride with us and will be warmly welcomed, then must join to go on any future rides. If you would like to continue riding with us during the 2022 biking season please become a member.
Rider requirements and responsibilities:
- A helmet is required for all participants.
- All participants will be asked to sign an acknowledgement of risk (once per calendar year).
- All participants will check-in with the ride leader.
- While we are riding as a group, each individual rider is responsible for complying with all traffic regulations as an independent vehicle operator.
- Due to continuing COVID-19 considerations please bring a face mask for times when we may not be able to maintain safe distances. We will also be maintaining appropriate distances between riders during the ride.
IMPORTANT NOTICE - E-Bike restrictions on Missoula Bicycle Club rides:
We will welcome e-bike users to participate in MBC events as long as the e-bike is what is known as a Class 1 e-bike. Class 1 e-bikes will engage the electric motor only when the bike is being pedaled by the rider and will disengage the electric motor when the speed exceeds 20 miles per hour. If your e-bike does not meet these qualifications, do not bring it to an MBC ride. You can review or complete policy definition "Definition of Vehicles Permitted in MBC Sponsored Events" using the preceding link.
When submitting your RSVP, please note that the number box below "How many other people, other than yourself, are you bringing?" is asking for additional people other than your self. A zero already includes yourself as 1.
Google map and directions