Check back closer to the date for any changes.
Do you have children heading back to school soon or are you looking for more friendly biking routes around Missoula? Join members of the Missoula Bicycle Club as Bob leads them around an introduction to some of the Missoula Neighborhood Greenway System. Neighborhood Greenways are selected low volume streets designated for preferred use by bike riders and pedestrians. The City of Missoula has designated a number of these streets as Neighborhood Greenways. We will have frequent stops to discuss the pros and cons of various sections. See more information at Missoula in Motion.
See this interactive map for the planned route, the red route. The map includes full mapping of the Missoula Biking System as of June 2022. You can turn off layers to make the route more visible using the checkboxes in the Legend activated by clicking on the box in the upper left corner of the map title bar. You can expand the map by clicking on the expansion square icon in the upper right corner of the map title bar. Scroll to the bottom of the legend to switch to satellite view. This map can be saved to your smartphone if desired. Bob attempts to update this map periodically and those updates will appear when you reload the map in the future.
- Ride name: Missoula Neighborhood Greenways a Sampling
- Date: Saturday 8/20/2022
- Start time: 9:00 AM
- Gathering place: Silver Park, east pavilion
- Distance in miles: 14
- Duration in time: 2 hours
- Pace: slow to moderate
- Planned stops: TBD
- Leader is: Bob Wachtel - leader contact information will be provided in the autoresponse email you will receive after you RSVP below.
We invite anyone to join us and discover the joy of riding with a companionable group of like minded bicyclists. Due to insurance concerns, members can ride as often as they like and first time participants will be warmly welcomed. If you would like to continue riding with us during the 2022 biking season you please become be a member.
Rider requirements and responsibilities:
- A helmet is required for all participants.
- All participants will be asked to sign an acknowledgement of risk (once per calendar year).
- All participants must check-in with the ride leader.
- While we are riding as a group, each individual rider is responsible for complying with all traffic regulations as an independent vehicle operator.
- Due to continuing COVID-19 considerations please bring a face mask for times when we may not be able to maintain safe distances. We will also be maintaining appropriate distances between riders during the ride.
IMPORTANT NOTICE - E-Bike restrictions on Missoula Bicycle Club rides:
We will welcome e-bike users to participate in MBC events as long as the e-bike is what is known as a Class 1 e-bike. Class 1 e-bikes will engage the electric motor only when the bike is being pedaled by the rider and will disengage the electric motor when the speed exceeds 20 miles per hour. If your e-bike does not meet these qualifications, do not bring it to an MBC ride. You can review or complete policy definition "Definition of Vehicles Permitted in MBC Sponsored Events" using the preceding link.
When submitting your RSVP, please note that the number box below "How many other people, other than yourself, are you bringing?" is asking for additional people other than your self. A zero already includes yourself as 1.
Missoula, MT 59802
Google map and directions