Continuing the Missoula Bicycle Club sponsored Show & Go rides. We will be posting these MBC sponsored rides through the end of this year's riding season. These rides will be casual recreational rides for those who would enjoy a bike ride in Montana's prime riding season. Leaders and routes will vary each week depending on availability. Check back frequently for see if the next ride is one you would love. All Show & Go rides will be paced so that no one is left behind.
This week join Carl Ammons on a challenging ride from Great Harvest Bread on Higgins south to Miller Creek Road then up to Holloman Saddle and back down to Clinton and return to Great Harvest. Be sure to dress appropriately for cool riding and potential rain. Bring food and water to supply you through the ride. Carl may make late changes depending on riders and overall conditions.
Please RSVP if you’re considering joining the ride so that you will be provided the leader's contact information and can be informed of any late-breaking changes (e.g., weather-related cancellation, more details on ride specifics, etc.).
Riding surface will be pavement and gravel.
- Ride name: - Show & Go Miller Creek over the Saddle
- Date: Saturday, 9/24/2022
- Start time: 9:00 AM
- Gathering place: Great Harvest Bread Co., 1407 S. Higgins Ave.
- Distance in miles: 50+ miles
- Pace: Moderate
- Planned stops: Periodic to regroup
- Leader: Carl Ammons - leader contact information will be provided in the autoresponse email you will receive after you RSVP below.
We invite anyone to join us and discover the joy of riding with a companionable group of like minded bicyclists. Our insurance requires that all participants sign a waiver. Members may participate in MBC rides as often as they like after signing a waiver that covers the entire year. First-time participants may try out MBC as a guest on a ride with us and will be warmly welcomed, then must join to go on any future rides. If you would like to continue riding with us during the 2022 biking season please become a member.
Rider requirements and responsibilities:
- A helmet is required for all participants.
- All participants will be asked to sign an acknowledgement of risk (once per calendar year).
- All participants must check-in with the ride leader.
- While we are riding as a group, each individual rider is responsible for complying with all traffic regulations and trail courtesies as an independent vehicle operator.
- Due to continuing COVID-19 considerations please bring a face mask for times when we may not be able to maintain safe distances. We will also be maintaining appropriate distances between riders during the ride.
IMPORTANT NOTICE - E-Bike restrictions on Missoula Bicycle Club rides:
We will welcome e-bike users to participate in MBC events as long as the e-bike is what is known as a Class 1 e-bike. Class 1 e-bikes will engage the electric motor only when the bike is being pedaled by the rider and will disengage the electric motor when the speed exceeds 20 miles per hour. If your e-bike does not meet these qualifications, do not bring it to an MBC ride. You can review or complete policy definition "Definition of Vehicles Permitted in MBC Sponsored Events" using the preceding link.
When submitting your RSVP, please note that the number box below "How many other people, other than yourself, are you bringing?" is asking for additional people other than your self. A zero already includes yourself as 1.
1407 S Higgins Ave
Missoula, MT 59801
Google map and directions