Post event report:
Nine riders joined Scott at Riverside Park in Polson, MT for the ride to Ronan and return with some riders continuing the additional 20 miles. Many of the riders drove up from Missoula with others originating in Polson. The ride was definitely worth the travel from Missoula to Polson. It was a beautiful summer day with comfortable riding temperatures. The departure from the park to the trail was on local quiet streets. Once on the trail, the ride was a pleasant moderate climb to reach the flat ride to Pablo where the trail crosses over Hwy 93 via a bridge overpass. The trail continues to within about a mile of Ronan our turnaround point.
Some riders opted to take some back roads for the return to Polson. Eventually everyone returned to the Riverside Park in Polson and from there departed back to their homes.
Flathead Lake/Polson to Ronan and return ride. This will be a ride to allow people to ride 20, 30 or 50 miles. The ride will start at 9:00 a.m. in Polson at Riverside Park just next to the Cove Deli & Pizza off 1st St. W and HWY 93 just before it crosses the bridge. It will travel south through town to the bike path which leads first to Pablo for those that want an easy 20 mile ride returning on the bike path. Those that would like to go 30 miles will ride to Ronan where you will be on HWY 93 for approximately a mile to the turnaround in Ronan and then back to Polson.
The group can stop at the Park, or if interested, ride another 20 miles out to the Islands to the end of Rocky Point and then into Kings/Queens bay. The last 20 will be largely on Rocky Point Road and should be done by 12:00 noon. The park is right next to Cove Deli & Pizza which is a great little spot for lunch.
If you are planning to travel from the Missoula area to Polson on the morning of the ride and would like to participate in car pooling, be sure to RSVP to receive more information to help coordinate with other riders.
- Ride name: MBC Flathead Lake/Polson to Ronan ride
- Date: 7/16/2022
- Start time: 9:00AM
- Gathering place: Riverside Park, Polson, MT
- Distance in miles: Options: 20, 30, or 50 miles (see above)
- Pace: Moderate
- Planned stops: Riverside Park
- Leader: Scott Gratton - leader contact information will be provided in the autoresponse email you will receive after you RSVP below.
We invite anyone to join us and discover the joy of riding with a companionable group of like minded bicyclists. Our insurance requires that all participants sign a waiver. Members may participate in MBC rides as often as they like after signing a waiver that covers the entire year. First-time participants may try out MBC as a guest on a ride with us and will be warmly welcomed, then must join to go on any future rides. If you would like to continue riding with us during the 2022 biking season please become a member.
Rider requirements and responsibilities:
- A helmet is required for all participants.
- All participants will be asked to sign an acknowledgement of risk (once per calendar year).
- All participants will check-in with the ride leader.
- While we are riding as a group, each individual rider is responsible for complying with all traffic regulations as an independent vehicle operator.
- Due to continuing COVID-19 considerations please bring a face mask for times when we may not be able to maintain safe distances. We will also be maintaining appropriate distances between riders during the ride.
IMPORTANT NOTICE - E-Bike restrictions on Missoula Bicycle Club rides:
We will welcome e-bike users to participate in MBC events as long as the e-bike is what is known as a Class 1 e-bike. Class 1 e-bikes will engage the electric motor only when the bike is being pedaled by the rider and will disengage the electric motor when the speed exceeds 20 miles per hour. If your e-bike does not meet these qualifications, do not bring it to an MBC ride. You can review or complete policy definition "Definition of Vehicles Permitted in MBC Sponsored Events" using the preceding link.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with