The chronological listing below displays upcoming Missoula Bicycle Club sponsored rides, meetings of members and board of directors, and some other biking related Regional Events. If you would like to see our Google calendar of future events, please click here. All Missoula Bicycle Club sponsored rides will be listed with an asterisk (*) preceding the ride name. We will also be posting rides sponsored by other organizations from around the area on this calendar. These will be indicated by a colored background on the calendar. Also listed will be local casual rides that will have no specific sponsor, anyone will be welcomed to join.
Missoula Bicycle Club welcomes all cyclists to join us on our sponsored rides. Club members may attend as many rides as they like and first time guests are welcome also. If you continue to ride with us, our insurance coverage requires that you become a member of the club.
Lead a ride. Volunteer to lead one of the MBC rides on our calendar or submit a request to add your favorite ride to our calendar. It's fun, you'll meet some great people and no experience is required. Contact our ride leader coordinator for details.
Events will also be listed chronologically below with more information about the ride or event. Some events will offer an option to sign up (RSVP) so that we can have an idea of how many people to expect for the event.
If you plan to attend, please RSVP at the bottom of the page!
In spite of the continuing winter weather, many of us are looking forward to an exciting bicycling season in 2021. To get prepared for that, plan to attend the Missoula Bicycle Club's March Members' Meeting. There will be a brief business meeting to update everyone on our current financial status and an overview of your Board's view of this coming season. You will also have the opportunity to ask questions of the board and make suggestions about possible club activities for this 2021 season. The meeting will begin at 7:00 PM, with the Virtual Meet open by 6:30 to allow for connection checks.
In addition, Larry Lockwood, one of our newest Board Members will speak on the subject of "The Lure of Vintage Bicycles". Larry is fond of acquiring vintage bikes and refurbishing them to as close as possible original condition. He will display photos of some of his favorite bikes and discuss his strong interest in working with them.
This meeting is open to the general public.Only those who RSVP will receive an email with instructions on how to join the Google Meet.
Let's celebrate the extra hour of daylight that will give us more time to enjoy biking. Gather at the Great Harvest Bread Co. on Higgins by 1:00 PM to enjoy an afternoon of biking with Carl Ammons, MBC President, to Lolo and back. This is a welcome to MBC ride with everyone invited. You must be able to ride the route to Lolo (fit enough to ride 20 miles on relatively flat trail. It helps to have ridden it previously.) Great Harvest is an option for fuel before and after the ride. Social distancing and masks will be in effect.
Please RSVP below so that the leader can contact you if there are any late changes.
Rider requirements and responsibilities:
- A helmet is required for all participants.
- All participants will be asked to sign an acknowledgement of risk (once per calendar year).
- All participants will check-in with the ride leader.
- While we are riding as a group, each individual rider is responsible for complying with all traffic regulations as an independent vehicle operator.
- Due to continuing COVID-19 considerations please bring a face mask for times when we may not be able to maintain safe distances. We will also be maintaining appropriate distances between riders during the ride.
See map below for our intended route.
- Ride name: Daylight Savings Ride
- Date: Saturday, March 13, 2021
- Start time: 1:00 PM
- Gathering place: Great Harvest Bread Co.,1407 S Higgins Ave, Missoula, MT 59801
- Distance in miles: 20
- Duration in time: approximately 1.5 - 2 hours
- Pace: Moderate 10 - 15 mph Groups will form at the beginning and regroup at turn around.
- Planned stops: Regroup at Farmers State Bank in Lolo, to munch and socialize under COVID restrictions.
- Leader is: Carl Ammons, contact information in RSVP response
We invite anyone to join us and discover the joy of riding with a companionable group of like minded bicyclists. Due to insurance policy requirements, members can ride as often as they like and first time participants may join after this ride on our website. If you would like to continue riding with us during the 2021 biking season you must become a member.