The chronological listing below displays upcoming Missoula Bicycle Club sponsored rides, meetings of members and Board of Directors, and some other biking related Regional Events. Events listed chronologically below will provide a link to the specific event page with full details about the ride or event and the option to sign up (RSVP) so that we can have an idea of how many people to expect at the event.
If you would like to see our Google calendar of events, please click here. All Missoula Bicycle Club sponsored rides will be listed with an asterisk (*) preceding the ride name. We may also be posting rides sponsored by other organizations from around the area on this calendar. These will be indicated by a colored background on the calendar. Also listed may be local casual rides that will have no specific sponsor, anyone will be welcomed to join.
Missoula Bicycle Club welcomes all cyclists to join us on our sponsored rides. Club members may attend as many rides as they like and first time guests are welcome also. If you continue to ride with us, our insurance coverage requires that you become a member of the club.
Lead a ride or suggest a ride route. Volunteer to lead one of the MBC rides on our calendar or submit a request to add your favorite ride to our calendar. It's fun, you'll meet some great people and no experience is required. Contact our ride leader coordinator for details.
Ride information and requirements:
We invite anyone to join us and discover the joy of riding with a companionable group of like minded bicyclists. Our insurance requires that all participants sign a waiver. MBC members may participate in MBC rides as often as they like after signing a waiver that covers the entire year. First-time participants may try out MBC as a guest on a ride with us and will be warmly welcomed, then must join to go on any future rides. If you would like to continue riding with us during the 2023 biking season please become a member.
Rider requirements and responsibilities:
- A helmet is required for all participants.
- All participants will be asked to sign an acknowledgement of risk (once per calendar year).
- Riders under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian or person with an authorized parental waiver dated for the specific ride.
- All participants must check-in with the ride leader.
- While we are riding as a group, each individual rider is responsible for complying with all traffic regulations as an independent vehicle operator.
- Show courtesy and respect the Rights of Others by:
- projecting a good public image and encourage responsible riding;
- exhibiting considerate behavior towards other riders, pedestrians, motorists and the public showing respect, courtesy, responsibility and due regard for the rights of others.
- avoiding confrontations and report incidents to the police as appropriate.
- avoiding language that is obscene, insulting or threatening, even when provoked.
- For safety the use of earbuds or headphones while on a group ride is discouraged.
- For safety the use of "Aero bars" while on a group ride is discouraged.
- It is strongly recommended that each rider have a spare innertube that fits their rims and tire. Flats do happen!!
- E-bikes: Montana state law defines an E-bike as a bicycle with an electrical assist that cuts out at the speed of 20 miles per hour. If your e-bike continues to provide power above 20 MPH, please do not bring it to a MBC sponsored ride.
- Due to continuing COVID-19 considerations please bring a face mask for times when we may not be able to maintain safe distances. We will also be maintaining appropriate distances between riders during the ride.