Meet under the Higgins Bridge (now Beartracks Bridge)
This is a family paced ride down the Kim Williams Trail, around the Canyon River golf course and to the new section of the Milltown Park Trail to the old railroad tunnel and back. The distance is around 12 miles ( say 2 hours with a stop at the river overview). I have not seen any this year but there a few local black bears known to frequent this area so Bear Spray is not a bad idea.
This is a pretty casual ride but the track is mostly gravel so a mountain bike, cyclocross bike, gravel bike or any bike with 35mm tire width is recommended.
There is a bathroom at the start and almost to the turn around that may or may not be open. The only stop is the turn around overlook and brief stops to regroup at the very few turns. There will be about a mile of pavement on Deer Creek road but most of the ride is on bike trails.
- Ride name: Milltown Tunnel Ride
- Date: 5/14/2022
- Start time: 10:00 AM
- Gathering place: Boone and Crockett Club parking lot
- Distance in miles: 12
- Pace: Slow to Moderate
- Planned stops: River overview
- Leader: Greg Hejtmanek, phone: 808 258-9016, email: [email protected]
We invite anyone to join us and discover the joy of riding with a companionable group of like minded bicyclists. Our insurance requires that all participants sign a waiver. Members may participate in MBC rides as often as they like after signing a waiver that covers the entire year. First-time participants may try out MBC as a guest on a ride with us and will be warmly welcomed, then must join to go on any future rides. If you would like to continue riding with us during the 2022 biking season please become a member.
Rider requirements and responsibilities:
- A helmet is required for all participants.
- All participants will be asked to sign an acknowledgement of risk (once per calendar year).
- All participants will check-in with the ride leader.
- While we are riding as a group, each individual rider is responsible for complying with all traffic regulations as an independent vehicle operator.
- Due to continuing COVID-19 considerations please bring a face mask for times when we may not be able to maintain safe distances. We will also be maintaining appropriate distances between riders during the ride.
IMPORTANT NOTICE - E-Bike restrictions on Missoula Bicycle Club rides:
We will welcome e-bike users to participate in MBC events as long as the e-bike is what is known as a Class 1 e-bike. Class 1 e-bikes will engage the electric motor only when the bike is being pedaled by the rider and will disengage the electric motor when the speed exceeds 20 miles per hour. If your e-bike does not meet these qualifications, do not bring it to an MBC ride. You can review or complete policy definition "Definition of Vehicles Permitted in MBC Sponsored Events" using the preceding link.
When submitting your RSVP, please note that the number box below "How many other people, other than yourself, are you bringing?" is asking for additional people other than your self. A zero already includes yourself as 1.
250 Station Dr
Missoula, MT 59801
Google map and directions