Now is the time to break out your favorite early season bike and ride with us as we explore some of the new features of Missoula. Hopefully, the weather which has been encouraging biking, will hold or return for this easy, early season ride. In an effor to restore a previous tradition, we will gather at the Big Dipper on Higgins and ride mostly multi-use trails and bike lanes, with some short segments of residential streets.
If you would like a pre-ride ice cream at the Big Dipper, please arrive early so that we can begin the ride at 1:00 PM. If you plan to ride, please RSVP below.
See map below for our intended route and 2nd choice if the weather shifts too much. Feel free to let me know if you have a preference between the options. Use the comment box below the RSVP.
- Ride name: Big Dipper to Dairy Queen ride
- Date: February 15, 2020
- Start time: 1:00 PM
- Gathering place: Big Dipper Ice Cream, 631 S. Higgins
- Distance in miles: 13.5
- Duration in time: approximately 2 hours
- Pace: Moderate 10 - 13 mph or your preferred pace
- Planned stops: Big Dipper gathering and calorie intake if desired, Dairy Queen for after ride refreshment if desired.
- Leader is: Bob Wachtel, email: [email protected], cell phone: 406-218-1132
We invite anyone to join us and discover the joy of riding with a companionable group of like minded bicyclists. Due to insurance policy requirements, members can ride as often as they like and first time participants may either join or sign a waiver to participate in this ride. If you would like to continue riding with us during the 2020 biking season you must become a member.
Option 1 - 13 miles
Option 2 - 8 miles
631 S Higgins
Missoula, MT 59801
Google map and directions