Post event report:
With temperatures in the mid 40's, 3 riders joined Bob on this ride to Lolo, then west on the Hwy 12 trail. While we intended to make it to the end of the pavement, we stopped at the persistent snow/ice covering this side trail only 1.25 miles west of Lolo. Given the amount of snow remaining on the rest of the trail we opted to turn around and return to Silver Park. We maintained a fairly consistent pace around 12 MPH except on the more challenging hills on the Bitterroot Trail where some slowed significantly. Everyone enjoyed the ride with some admitting that they need some additional conditioning to challenge the hills. Total distance 25 miles with 564 ft. elevation gain.
Saturday, March 18, 1:30 PM, we will meet in Silver Park in Missoula and ride to the end of the multiuse trail on Hwy 12 west of Lolo and return. Please RSVP if you’re considering joining the ride so that you will be provided the leader's contact information and can be informed of any late-breaking changes (e.g., weather-related cancellation).
- Ride name: Missoula to Travelers' Rest State Park
- Date: Saturday, March 18, 2023
- Start time: 1:30 pm
- Gathering place: Silver Park, east pavilion near the ball park
- Distance in miles: About 24, moderate hills
- Pace: Moderate 12 - 14 MPH
- Planned stops: Travelers' Rest State Park
- Leader: name - leader contact information will be provided in the autoresponse email you will receive after you RSVP below.
We invite anyone to join us and discover the joy of riding with a companionable group of like minded bicyclists. Our insurance requires that all participants sign a waiver. Members may participate in MBC rides as often as they like after signing a waiver that covers the entire year. First-time participants may try out MBC as a guest on a ride with us and will be warmly welcomed, then must join to go on any future rides. If you would like to continue riding with us during the 2023 biking season please become a member.
Rider requirements and responsibilities:
- A helmet is required for all participants.
- All participants will be asked to sign an acknowledgement of risk (once per calendar year).
- Riders under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian or person with an authorized parental waiver dated for the specific ride.
- All participants must check-in with the ride leader.
- While we are riding as a group, each individual rider is responsible for complying with all traffic regulations as an independent vehicle operator.
- Show courtesy and respect the Rights of Others by:
- projecting a good public image and encourage responsible riding;
- exhibiting considerate behavior towards other riders, pedestrians, motorists and the public showing respect, courtesy, responsibility and due regard for the rights of others.
- avoiding confrontations and report incidents to the police as appropriate.
- avoiding language that is obscene, insulting or threatening, even when provoked.
- For safety the use of earbuds or headphones while on a group ride is discouraged.
- For safety the use of "Aero bars" while on a group ride is discouraged.
- It is strongly recommended that each rider have a spare inner tube that fits their rims and tire. Flats do happen!!
- Due to continuing COVID-19 considerations please bring a face mask for times when we may not be able to maintain safe distances. We will also be maintaining appropriate distances between riders during the ride.
IMPORTANT NOTICE - E-Bike restrictions on Missoula Bicycle Club rides:
We will welcome e-bike users to participate in MBC events as long as the e-bike is what is a Class 1 e-bike. Class 1 e-bikes will engage the electric motor only when the bike is being pedaled by the rider and will disengage the electric motor when the speed exceeds 20 miles per hour. If your e-bike does not meet these qualifications, do not bring it to an MBC ride. You can review or complete policy definition "Definition of Vehicles Permitted in MBC Sponsored Events" using the preceding link.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with