Post event report:
3 riders gathered at Silver Park at 1:30 PM for a cool and cloudy afternoon ride counterclockwise around our Fort Loop with extension out to Kelly Island fishing access, see the map. While the weather was cool the rain earlier in the day stopped in time for a pleasant ride and did not resume until we had finished and returned home.
Statistics: Distance: 13.47 mi, Elevation Gain: 140 ft., Time: 1h 21m
Welcome to Autumn 2023 MBC-UMRA rides
Given the current long range weather forecast, Tuesday, 10/3, with a high of 59, this should be a good day to continue our afternoon rides. With that indication of probable temperature we will gather for a ride at 1:30 PM at Silver Park. Any cancellation/postponement will be posted here and a cancellation email will be sent out not later than 11:00 AM the day of the ride, Tuesday 10/3, to all who have RSVP'd.
Please note that, due to local traffic concerns, I have limited this ride to 12 riders including the leader. Please RSVP to verify that there are still openings in the 12 positions.
At the time of posting we are open to suggestions for a ride for this cool autumnal afternoon. If you have suggestions please leave them on the Propose a Bike Ride webpage. You do not necessarily need to lead the ride just propose enough route detail and your contact information for a potential leader to contact you for any clarification about the ride.
While this ride is targeted towards UM Retirees, it is open to all MBC members. Please remember that this will be a slow to moderate pace with the potential of moderate hills to climb and descend. Please RSVP if you’re considering joining the ride so that you will be provided the leader's contact information and can be informed of any late-breaking changes (e.g., weather or smoke related cancellation).
- Ride name: MBC UM Retirees Ride 10/3/2023
- Date: October 3, 2023
- Start time: 1:30 PM
- Gathering place: Silver Park east parking lot near the baseball stadium
- Distance in miles: approximately 13 miles with a combination of paved multi-use trails, city streets, and unpaved single track.
- Pace: Slow to Moderate 9 - 12 MPH
- Planned stops: Possible rest stop at Fort Missoula Regional Park.
- Leader: name - leader contact information will be provided in the autoresponse email you will receive after you RSVP below.