Post event report:
5 riders gathered at Silver Park at 1:30 PM for a 43 degree start to ride our regular Fort Loop without the extension to Kelly Island. 2 riders stopped for a brief visit to the Historic Museum at Fort Missoula to view the Bicycle Town Missoula display. While the weather was sunny and warmed up to 46 for the end of this casual afternoon ride that was enjoyed by all.
Statistics: Distance: 11.1 miles, Elevation Gain: 114 ft. Time: 1 hr. 10 min.
Welcome to a 2023 MBC-UMRA ride
Given the current long range weather forecast, Tuesday, 11/7, looks to continue or moderate November temperatures so this should be a good cool day continue our successful riding season for this Tuesday MBC riding group. This will be an afternoon ride beginning at 1:30 PM in Silver Park. We will discuss to route as we gather. Feel free to suggest a ride route for this late season ride.
Any cancellation/postponement will be posted here and a cancellation email will be sent out not later than 11:00 AM on Tuesday 11/7, to all who have RSVP'd. Please RSVP so the leader will know who to expect.
While this ride is targeted towards UM Retirees, it is open to all MBC members. Please remember that this will be a slow to moderate pace with the potential of some hills to climb and descend. Please RSVP if you’re considering joining the ride so that you will be provided the leader's contact information and can be informed of any late-breaking changes (e.g., weather or smoke related cancellation).
- Ride name: MBC UM Retirees Ride 11/7/2023
- Date: November 7, 2023
- Start time: 1:30 PM
- Gathering place: Silver Park
- Distance in miles: 15 - 20
- Pace: Slow to Moderate 9 - 12 MPH on the flats
- Planned stops: Rest stop where appropriate.
- Leader: name - leader contact information will be provided in the autoresponse email you will receive after you RSVP below.
I do not plan that this will be the last ride of the 2023 riding season. It depends primarily on safe surface conditions. Previous last ride dates:
- 2022 November 1 with 5 riders
- 2021 October 26 with 7 riders & December 2 with 2 riders
- 2020 December 8 with 5 riders
- 2019 October 15 with 5 riders