As of 9:15 5/6/2023 this ride is postponed until 5/13. If you have RSVPd please cancel your RSVP.
A new page will be posted for 5/13. Please RSVP for the rescheduled date.
Saturday, 5/6/2023, 10:00 AM, Tour de Turah (24 mi.). Meet at Eastgate Shopping Center in Missoula and ride to the Turah Store and Campground. Please RSVP if you’re considering joining the ride so that you will be provided the leader's contact information and can be informed of any late-breaking changes (e.g., weather-related cancellation).
- Ride name: Tour de Turah
- Date: Saturday, May 6, 2023
- Start time: 10:00 AM
- Gathering place: Eastgate Shopping Center (1003 E. Broadway), Missoula
- Distance in miles: About 24, slight hills
- Pace: Moderate
- Planned stops: Loop into Confluence Area of Milltown State Park, Turah Camp Store
- Leader: name - leader contact information will be provided in the autoresponse email you will receive after you RSVP below.
Rider requirements and responsibilities:
- A helmet is required for all participants.
- All participants will be asked to sign an acknowledgement of risk (once per calendar year).
- Riders under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian or person with an authorized parental waiver dated for the specific ride.
- All participants must check-in with the ride leader.
- While we are riding as a group, each individual rider is responsible for complying with all traffic regulations as an independent vehicle operator.
- Show courtesy and respect the Rights of Others by:
- projecting a good public image and encourage responsible riding;
- exhibiting considerate behavior towards other riders, pedestrians, motorists and the public showing respect, courtesy, responsibility and due regard for the rights of others.
- avoiding confrontations and report incidents to the police as appropriate.
- avoiding language that is obscene, insulting or threatening, even when provoked.
- For safety the use of earbuds or headphones while on a group ride is discouraged.
- For safety the use of "Aero bars" while on a group ride is discouraged.
- It is strongly recommended that each rider have a spare inner tube that fits their rims and tire. Flats do happen!!
- Due to continuing COVID-19 considerations please bring a face mask for times when we may not be able to maintain safe distances. We will also be maintaining appropriate distances between riders during the ride.
IMPORTANT NOTICE - E-Bike restrictions on Missoula Bicycle Club rides:
We will welcome e-bike users to participate in MBC events as long as the e-bike is what is a Class 1 e-bike. Class 1 e-bikes will engage the electric motor only when the bike is being pedaled by the rider and will disengage the electric motor when the speed exceeds 20 miles per hour. If your e-bike does not meet these qualifications, do not bring it to an MBC ride. You can review or complete policy definition "Definition of Vehicles Permitted in MBC Sponsored Events" using the preceding link.
When submitting your RSVP, please note that the number box below "How many other people, other than yourself, are you bringing?" is asking for additional people other than your self. A zero already includes yourself as 1.
1003 E Broadway
Missoula, MT 59802
Google map and directions