Sunday will start with a warmup ride up Rattlesnake to end of road then over to Mansion Heights for several loops of climbing. This is a training jaunt of 8-12 mph on Sunday 4/2/23, starting from Great Harvest at 12 noon. Well functioning gearing is advised. Slow and steady. Chance of flat recovery ride afterwards. 20+ miles, 1.5-2 hours in length, of predominantly climbing on various steepness’s of grade. Rain, snow or shine! Please RSVP if you’re considering joining the ride so that you will be provided the leader's contact information and can be informed of any late-breaking changes (e.g., weather-related cancellation).
- Ride name: MBC training ride up Rattlesnake Creek +
- Date: 4/2/23
- Start time: 12:00 noon
- Gathering place: Great Harvest Bread
- Distance in miles: 20+
- Pace: 8-12 mph
- Planned stops:
- Leader: Carl - leader contact information will be provided in the autoresponse email you will receive after you RSVP below.
We invite anyone to join us and discover the joy of riding with a companionable group of like minded bicyclists. Our insurance requires that all participants sign a waiver. Members may participate in MBC rides as often as they like after signing a waiver that covers the entire year. First-time participants may try out MBC as a guest on a ride with us and will be warmly welcomed, then must join to go on any future rides. If you would like to continue riding with us during the 2023 biking season please become a member.
Rider requirements and responsibilities:
- A helmet is required for all participants.
- All participants will be asked to sign an acknowledgement of risk (once per calendar year).
- Riders under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian or person with an authorized parental waiver dated for the specific ride.
- All participants must check-in with the ride leader.
- While we are riding as a group, each individual rider is responsible for complying with all traffic regulations as an independent vehicle operator.
- Show courtesy and respect the Rights of Others by:
- projecting a good public image and encourage responsible riding;
- exhibiting considerate behavior towards other riders, pedestrians, motorists and the public showing respect, courtesy, responsibility and due regard for the rights of others.
- avoiding confrontations and report incidents to the police as appropriate.
- avoiding language that is obscene, insulting or threatening, even when provoked.
- For safety the use of earbuds or headphones while on a group ride is discouraged.
- For safety the use of "Aero bars" while on a group ride is discouraged.
- It is strongly recommended that each rider have a spare innertube that fits their rims and tire. Flats do happen!!
- Due to continuing COVID-19 considerations please bring a face mask for times when we may not be able to maintain safe distances. We will also be maintaining appropriate distances between riders during the ride.
IMPORTANT NOTICE - E-Bike restrictions on Missoula Bicycle Club rides:
We will welcome e-bike users to participate in MBC events as long as the e-bike is what is a Class 1 e-bike. Class 1 e-bikes will engage the electric motor only when the bike is being pedaled by the rider and will disengage the electric motor when the speed exceeds 20 miles per hour. If your e-bike does not meet these qualifications, do not bring it to an MBC ride. You can review or complete policy definition "Definition of Vehicles Permitted in MBC Sponsored Events" using the preceding link.
When submitting your RSVP, please note that the number box below "How many other people, other than yourself, are you bringing?" is asking for additional people other than your self. A zero already includes yourself as 1.
1407 S Higgins Ave
Missoula, MT 59801
Google map and directions